Monday, August 28, 2006

Audio Arts 22-08-06

Audio Arts 22-08-06:

To gain from subtraction:



I don’t know about anyone else, but I found this task incredibly difficult. The article seemed to have plenty of useful information, but I must currently lack the knowledge and/or talent to put this into practice with the subtractor synth. I think the problem is visualising exactly what is happening with the synth parameters in relation to waveform manipulation. It is a complex process and should take a little while to get my head around. Hopefully a more promising result shall be forthcoming…..

This is my pitch-shifted cheesy MIDI bas…I mean piano! (835KB)

Reference:

Christian Haines. "Audio Arts - Piano synthesis". Lecture presented at "Audio Lab - 4th floor, Schulz building, University of Adelaide, 22-08-06.

5 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger William Revill said...

Maybe you spent too much time on the solo lol. Unless of course you stole a MIDI file... it sounds very... Yngwie.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger John said...

heheh wired for Bach again ;-)

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger John said...

Your piano sound is a better approximation of a Casio from Target than mine... nonetheless... they are both still Casio from Target approximations!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger David J Dowling said...

Thats 'switched on Bach' thankyou very much.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger William Revill said...

Hey I just came across a clip of Bach's Brandenburg Concerto no. 3 made with a minimoog softsynth. You can find it on this page -> http://www.arturia.com/en/minimoog/mvsamplesongs.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home