Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wk 10 Creative Computing 12th October 2006

Wk 10 Creative Computing 12th October 2006:

Midi Control freak:

Ahh MIDI, now I’m in my comfort zone. No trigonometry, no drain on the processor, why did we ever move on from 1983? Things would be so much easier, and whole cities would still be built on rock and roll…

Everything went according to plan with this exercise. The only glitch was that I neglected to note down the ‘velocity scaler’ as an all-important tool, in the construction of a credibly useable MIDI delay. I successfully managed to get some parameter tweaking happening with the K5000 control thingy. It appears to be a handy little unit, I may incorporate its functionality into my performance piece, time will tell. Check out the patch and audio files (especially the particle arpeggiator file – it’s scary!), it’s not as complicated as the pictures make it seem at first glance…

Bidule patch (0.224Mb .bidule file)


K5000 real time manipulation (0.064Mb Mp3)


LFO controlling Mod wheel (0.032Mb Mp3)


MIDI delay piano (0.032Mb Mp3)


Particle arpeggiator (0.064Mb MMp3)

My personal favourite...


Reference:

Christian Haines. ‘Creative Computing - Reason, Bidule, Rewire and Midi Connections’. Lecture presented at the Audio Lab, 4th floor, Schulz building, University of Adelaide. 12th October 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home