Thursday, May 24, 2007

Creative Computing – Week 11 – “Distributed Performance”

Creative Computing – Week 11 – “Distributed Performance”


Dave's Patch.

Luke, Dave and the Fat 32:

Once again Max has succeeded in disrupting my growing confidence by forcing me to spend 1½ hours creating one component of my contribution to this exercise. A few little gripes with organising the reception of MIDI data from the Novation created a bit of a marathon session but we got there in the end (after moving to a different workstation).
Lukes patch.

The motivation behind construction of my patch is simple; create as many pathways for sending CC MIDI data as there are control devices to utilise on the Novation Keyboard. I ended up mapping 14 controllers in all to the filter and amplitude ADSR controls of the A1 synthesiser in Cubase on Luke’s machine. I also mapped CC’s to the filter resonance and cut-off area to maximise the filters influence on the sonic result. In the audio example posted I had discarded the amplitude controls for the flanger, which has a more obvious characteristic to manipulate.

The only real patch building issue with my system was working out which way to route data from the relevant controllers and create a list in the correct order, for out put to Luke’s system. Once the problem was sorted I simply had to duplicate the controller number selection component 13 times to give me the correct quantity to work with. There was an issue also with the first ctlin object not recognising the pitch wheel but adding a second one fixed that.


Click here to link to online folder containing patches and an audio mixdown example.


Reference;

Christian Haines. ‘Creative Computing – Week 11 – Distributed Performance.” Tutorial presented at Tute room 408, Level 4 Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, Thursday 24th May, 2007.

5 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Ben said...

"Click here to link to online folder containing patches and an audio mixdown example."

Yeah, no. I can't.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger John said...

It's your operating system, Billy, work it out

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger David J Dowling said...

Works for me...

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Now I can, but I just don't want to.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger David J Dowling said...

Humor me for just a second will you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home