Monday, August 06, 2007

Creative Computing – Week 2 - Signal Switching and Routing:

Creative Computing – Week 2 - Signal Switching and Routing:


This week’s patches incorporate my favourite jsui object for setting data values. The cycle~ and phasor~ objects have both been given essentially the same treatment in regard to their embedded functionality. I have created help examples that exploit the phase input potential of both to at least some extent. In response to the request for the inclusion of inlets for data entry to the bpatcher, I have placed a sig~ object above the left input of both the phasor~ and cycle~ examples. This must be connected manually at this stage, as I still have a bit to learn about switching audio pathways on and off.


The mute function is something that I pre-empted last week, but I tried to make some mildly sophisticated improvements, namely removing the pops when the left or right channel is muted. Despite creating an object which encapsulates the functionality of the sel-1 / Delay set up from last week, that can be used to route the on / off signal anywhere, I’m still getting the pops. More on this next week when I will hopefully have a solution…


Click here to link to online folder containing all relevant Max files.


Reference:

Haines, Christian. ‘Creative Computing – Week 2 - Signal Switching and Routing:’ Lecture presented in Tutorial Room 408, Level 4 Schultz building, University of Adelaide. 2nd July, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home