Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Forum – Week 10 – Instrument Presentation:

Forum – Week 10 – Instrument Presentation:

Perhaps this one's past the Beta test..

This week proved mildly frustrating as some of my instruments high level features, such as the Victorian synthificated piezonified reverb in a can, decided to confuse me with their poorly planned connectivity system. As a result, it was not until the group had left and I was hanging around in the studio by myself, that the awe-inspiring power of my creation was unleashed. Next week you all shall not be so lucky.

Some of the efforts on display were impressive, especially (I almost can’t bear to say it) Luke Digance’s, which was not only an aesthetic triumph but also a diverse and interesting take on the bent circuit genre. I must investigate his innovative gain boost feature.

Ben Probert also came to the party prepared with his intimidating (and I suspect very time consuming) butchery of an entire Yamaha keyboard. An ironic and humorous touch was the ‘Stereo Victorian Synth’, which is in fact controlled by that which used to be a conventional synthesiser, very clever.

Douglas Loudon had also gone to considerable trouble with his, which looked imposing and sounded cool, although the ring modulation effect would have been nice to hear. Hopefully this week all will be functioning as planned (my own device included). I’m not entirely sure what the next two weeks will hold, but looking forward to Thursday…


Reference:

Whittington, Stephen. “Forum – Week 10 – Instrument Presentation.” Workshop presented at EMU Space, Level 5, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 11th of October, 2007.

Harris, David. “Forum – Week 10 – Instrument Presentation.” Workshop presented at EMU Space, Level 5, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 11th of October, 2007.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

Wow a compliment from both you and John. It truly is inspiring how much faster it can shred than you two! hahahahahah

Seriously though, I'm frustrated with it already and want to bend a new instrument with more versatility.
-refer to post on johns forum week 10 for more info... or not

 

Post a Comment

<< Home