Saturday, March 15, 2008

Forum – Week 2 – “Blogademia” – 13/03/08

Hmm..Yes...Hmm..Hmm...Yes...etc


A blog on blogging, how very. I believe I’ve done my best to respect the concept of blogging in an academic context throughout my last two years at University. As someone who writes little, it is a valuable motivator that has prepared me well for the impending torture of essay hell that will
shortly descend upon us once again . Weekly blogging is not only useful as a practice tool for prose, it has played a big role in keeping my perception of course content in check – especially with regard to computer programming. The need to explain one’s problems and solutions on a regular basis really does test whether the knowledge necessary for an explanation exists. If it does not, then there is obviously an issue that may have gone unchecked had one not been encouraged to write about it.

As for the perceived ‘global centralisation of knowledge’ I don’t know if blogger is going to play the most significant role there. Sources such as Wikipedia seem to hold more credible cards in that regard from personal experience. I think the coming together of knowledge to be accessible to all is a wonderful thing, but I, like many others, have my reservations about the quality and credibility of data saturating the Web. I have no solution to this issue on offer but I plead with the world to maintain a healthy degree of skepticism at all times…


Reference:

Whittington, Stephen. “Forum – Week 2 – “Blogademia.” Workshop presented at EMU Space, Level 5, Schultz Building, University of Adelaide, 13th of March, 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home