Monday, September 04, 2006

Audio Arts 29-08-06

Audio Arts 29-08-06:

Impatience has cost me my first taste of data loss through file corruption in relation to this week’s task. Fear not however, I believe I have a back up copy.

The practice of syncing audio to film is very new to me, but I already understand why film editors are so absorbed by the concept. It’s really addictive. Most of the paper samples I have chosen did not require much in the way of tweaking. I think Will and I were more intuitive than I first thought with regard to the future use of our recording session. The backing music I have sequenced is ridiculously cheesy, but I think it suits the film on some level at least – maybe like feel good Muzak for communist dictatorship propaganda movies…..

Here is an Mp3 of the audio to start with, the full video should be coming soon…

Behold, the loudest chimney in the world (1.4MB)


Reference:

Christian Haines. "Audio Arts - film audio". Lecture presented at "Audio Lab - 4th floor, Schulz building, University of Adelaide, 29-08-06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home