Monday, March 17, 2008

Creative Computing – Week 2 – “Intro to SuperCollider Pt2” – 13/03/08

Try and select the text, go on...

This week’s exercises were solved with relative ease. Something tells me things are going to get hard very soon. The first two questions were sorted with the standard if condition do this scenario, with the second problem requiring a nested if statement to differentiate between the higher or lower values.

Exercise 3 required a single for loop with the second main function argument dictating the number of repeats. The fourth problem was solved with an array being filled with the product of the incrementer and the input frequency. The fifth required a separate variable to ensure odd multiples (this one was handled more cleverly by Jake).

I’m pretty sure I’ve completed 6 and 7 correctly, with the only vagary being in the area of ‘mapping’. I assume we are only expected to create a symbolic representation of the objects involved at this stage. The solution I have found is to create two arrays containing the relevant information, thus giving a sequential numerical tag to each string object.

Click here to link to online folder containing .rtf file of exercises.


Reference:

Haines, Christian. “Creative Computing – Week 2 – “Intro to SuperCollider Pt2.” Lecture presented at Tutorial Room 408, Level 4, Schultz building, University of Adelaide, 13th of March 2008.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

You found this week easy? I've been struggling to get my head around this from the start. I hope it doesn't get too much harder than this too quickly.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger David J Dowling said...

Aye, that's what you get for not suffering through Comp Sci last year!

DJD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home