Thursday, August 14, 2008

Forum – Week 3 – Semester 2, 2008: “1st Year Presentations”

Get back you insolent classically trained robots of contempt!!


This session takes the number one spot as the ‘most badly organised forum’ of the last three years. In a campus of some 20,000 students, does one think it wise to hold a class in a room without a booking? Hmm.

Anyway, when things finally kicked off the music concrete and other project material presented was relatively diverse. I feel I’m way over the Concrete genre at this stage of the game, so I won’t attempt an informed opinion of any pieces on display today. I was particularly impressed with Josh’s score and Foley for the Toothbrush Moustache animation. I have to admit, I wasn’t sure if the instrumentation was electronically generated. The mention of Spectrasonics took care of my disbelief at the quality – their sampling expertise is to be commended. The music composition itself was handled beautifully. It really served the image well.

Alex’s recording of ‘Behind These Walls’ was entertaining. It brought back memories of first year in which I recorded something vaguely similar. I think he did a better job with the vocals than I did at the time as they cut through the mix nicely.


Reference:

Whittington, Stephen. “Forum – Week 3 – Semester 2, 2008: 1st Year Presentations.” Workshop presented at EMU space, Level 5 Schultz building, University of Adelaide, 14th of August 2008.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home