Friday, March 02, 2007

CC2 - Week 1 – “Pseudocode Standard”:

CC2 - Week 1 – “Pseudocode Standard”:

These ingeneous limited edition spectacles actually enable one to 'see' the code - just like Neo.
Send your credit card details to notesdontmatter for a pair ($799.95 US - today only).


Here is my solution on virtual paper to this weeks million dollar challenge:


IF operator hits start THEN

SEQUENCE – C, D, E, F, G, A, B

CASE note OF synth plays:

C : Play A
D : Play B
E : Play C
F : Play D
G : Play E
A : Play F
B : Play G

ENDCASE

INCREMENT notecount

REPEAT - UNTIL notecount = 20

ENDSEQUENCE

ENDIF


Thankyou for listening to the virtual sound of ‘a minor’ – the Major of all minor keys. Tune in next week when I shall attempt to reconstruct a Brahms symphony using nothing but my absent mind and an invisible grain of sand.

I think code is going to drive me mad…

Reference:

Christian Haines. "Pseudocode Standard". Lecture presented at the University of Adelaide, Schultz building, Room 408. 01/03/2007.

3 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger John said...

It's interesting to note the kind of language terms people are coming up with for their code. Yours has given me some ideas, although I have already published mine (which seems to rely on a loop-based framework a lot).

Love the pseudocode glasses, I'm in on the first day, so can I get a pair and you direct debit me?

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger David J Dowling said...

Credit Card #?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Can I borrow a pair of glasses? And a grain of sand, while you're up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home