Friday, October 24, 2008

Audio Arts - Week 11 - Semester 2, 2008, "Student Presentations"



Boo!

Ben:

This succeeded in holding my interest without a single change in instrumentation or a hint of Foley work. My only criticism would be that it did little to evoke genuine fear. However, it did convey the excitement of the chase scene well.

John:

The electric guitars slowed to a deathly crawl were a personal highlight for me. The stark nature of some sounds left me a little cold in places, but then again this is a horror movie.

Jake:

This suitably left of centre approach seems to be coming along nicely. I felt the initial buildup was probably drawn out too long, but this was only a rough edit.

Luke:

Luke talked, audibly but indecipherably, almost the entire time his film was playing which made it difficult to embrace on its own merit. I still like the scream, but I think he shouldn’t get too attached to its ‘raw’ form, and use it in various places with brutal and destructive effects.

? Composition Student:

Interestingly, but perhaps unsurprisingly, this music written on the piano while intended for other instruments produced a weird, incomplete effect. It’s too difficult for me to offer an informed opinion about its intended form from a Sibelius/Kontakt reduction.


Reference:

Harrald, Luke. “Audio Arts – Week 11 – Semester 2, 2008: Student Presentations.” Workshop presented at EMU space, level 5 Schultz building, University of Adelaide, 21st of October 2008.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home